Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Homemade Vinaigrette

If you ever start making your own vinaigrette you'll never buy store bought again. So lets get started!  It's much healthier and cheaper.

Homemade Vinaigrette

Ingredients:

Balsamic Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
Cold Press Olive Oil
Dijon Mustard
Herb De Provence or a mixture of Italian Herbs
Salt & Pepper

I use an empty bottle of Olive Oil and add all the ingredients then shake it and test it with a piece of lettuce.

The trick is to put 1 part vinegar to 1 1/2 part Olive Oil, So if you put 1 cup of Balsamic Vinegar in a jar add about 1 1/2 cup of Balsamic Vinegar or other vinegars to your own taste. You can eventually adjust the vinegar to your own taste.

When I add herbs I don't even measure it, I would guess that I put about 1 tsp. of herbs when I make the above mixture.

Just try it, it's not difficult and no matter what it's going to taste a lot better than store bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment