Monday, March 23, 2015

Homade Pizza


Preheat the over at 450 degree with the pizza stone in it

Why buy an already made pizza that is cold by the time you get home when you can make your own and have fun making it!  OK, maybe it's not cold when you get home but it just isn't as good as when you make it yourself.

So remember I said that I'm a very busy women.....well that is why I don't make my own pizza dough! I found a very satisfying pizza dough from the grocery store I shop at and use it all the time.

As far as the ingredients, when you make your own pizza you are not limited to the amount of ingredients you want to put on it. Sometimes I make a white pizza with olive oil, pesto, spinach and feta cheese.  And other time I make a red sauce pizza like the following;

Ingredients: 
1 Pizza dough
1/2 jar of pizza sauce (you can use spaghetti sauce but you'll have to spice it up)
Parmesan cheese
Mushrooms
Green and red peppers
Onions
Mozzarella cheese


 You want to let the dough warm up for about 15 minutes-20 minutes on the counter top before trying to spread it on your pizza pan. No need to roll it...too much work! 

Then you want to spread the sauce, at your own taste! sometimes I put more sauce sometimes less depending how I feel! Don't worry, it's going to be good no matter what!
I then spread some Parmesan cheese and add the topping finishing with the mozzarella cheese.




Put the ingredients on the pizza in the order above and bake preferably on a pizza stone in a preheated over at 450 degree for about 20 minutes.

TIPS. Sometimes I use pepperonchini peppers, olives, tomatoes, and vegetarian Italian sausages.



Enjoy with any mixed vegetable salad and a balsamic vinaigrette

It is that easy!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment